Monday, April 21, 2008

Slacker no more!

I had the pleasure of growing up skinny. Well maybe not a pleasure, but it sure was lucky. I had a baby at the age of 19. Baby weight shed off of me pretty much the instant I gave birth. Wow, that was easy. Baby #2 at the age of 21. Still skinny. Baby #3 at the age of 28. Still thin as a rail. Woohoo!
Now comes the harder part. Baby #4. My little (haha, not so little) Owen. Despite the severe vomiting during my pregnancy (10 times a day.... not kidding... every single day for about 16 weeks) I managed to tack on a whopping 65 or 70 pounds. I cannot clearly remember, although more than likely just blocked it. LOL I assumed as with all of my other pregnancies, the weight would pretty much fall off. Not so much. I believe it took me a year to get down to a size 8 which was 3 sizes bigger than I was used to. Okay, I can live with that. Heck, along with the weight comes a chest I never had. LOL
On to baby #5. Now I'm 32. Just as sick with my Abby as I was with all of my other pregnancies. (did I forget to mention that the severe vomiting was with all 5 babies? Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. But wow, the reward at the end is sure beautiful.) I gained a mere 25 pounds with Abby. I lost ONLY the 6 she was born at. That's it. I've retained the rest of that on my middle since the year 2005. Just a few weeks ago, I noticed things hanging that shouldn't be. Pants that I couldn't button. Oh no! I'm not one to take things like that lightly. A size 10 is not what I want to be. So Travis and I joined a gym. a few personal training sessions later, I am down 4 pounds, and 2 inches on my hips and waist. YAY! I can almost button my favorite pair of capris. Just another inch or so. And just in time for the warmer weather. Despite the face that Jonah (my hunky dunky trainer) has put me in severe pain over the past week or two, I'm loving it. And even though it's going to take me a little longer than most because I have to keep my heart rate lower than 140, I know that my hard work is going to last me a lifetime. :)

1 comments:

nic Monday, April 21, 2008 11:43:00 PM  

good on ya, mate! and ooh, i'm perpetually jealous of people w/personal trainers. over here it's just me and a treadmill...yay. ;)