Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Editing 101 :)

I get lots of questions on what I use to edit, how I get the eyes so clear, how my pictures are so sharp, etc etc. So I'm going to give you a little before and after and explain what I did. K?

alrighty, here we go :)


First I started with a basic snapshot. this was taken indoors with natural light only. It's a bit underexposed, so let's play with it.



Now we have a few things to fix here. It needs a bit of a color pop.

You can barely see her pretty brown eyes. they could sure use a bit of a brightening don't you think

Sheesh, her face is dirty, isn't it?

Hmm, you can see I have Tivo on the tv, don't you? lol

Alrighty, here's my edited photo:

(and what I did: I brightened up the picture a bit.
used my smudge and clone tool to fix that pretty little dirty face.
I dodged the eyes just a little bit. Just enough to pop the color. Don't go overboard, or she'll look like a freak.
I colored and blurred the background so you aren't distracted by the TV.
Then I sharpened. Just a tad. Only enough to bring out the details in the subject. )

Voila!

Here's my finished project.



Pretty huh?

Teehee!!



april fools!!!

:)

6 comments:

Drew Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:19:00 PM  

Very good lead-up to the joke, and the picture's hilarious! :)

Amy @ Living Locurto Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:50:00 PM  

Good one!!! She's gorgeous now:-)

Capturing Sunshine Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:15:00 PM  

I love it! I especially love the "silly putty" eyes! I'll have to remember that trick. :)

Carebear Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:28:00 PM  

Wow, you are amazing at editing. You totally had me going! Ha, ha!

angie {the arthur clan} Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:07:00 PM  

This photo is priceless now! I hope you win the huge canvas print giveaway so that you can have this photo printed to hang in your front hallway where EVERYONE will be able to admire it.

So funny! Your whole April Fools edit was awesome.

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

Meli (Jam Clothing) Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:26:00 AM  

OMG, you totally had me going. I was thinking "huh?"

LOL good one.