Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hate.

Hate.

It's a strong word. One that makes me think of the pits of Hell. Lucifer himself. A word I thought no one would ever use when they spoke of me.

Until now.

My inlaws hate me. Literally.

They would rather have nothing to do with their son and their grandchildren than to have anything to do with me.

He was written out of their will. Purged from their lives.

Your Mother and I have known for years that we could not go to
our final resting place, wherever that might be, knowing that your
wife would get her hands on anything that belonged to either of
us.


I don't know what to say. I have never done a thing to them. Nothing.

I am hated.

Where do I go with that?

I'm sad.

Not even for myself. But for my children who will never know their grandparents. And for my husband who no longer has parents who want anything to do with him.

and I am angry. Because I did nothing wrong.

2 comments:

Unknown Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:22:00 PM  

Touching email. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I have never been in your position with my in laws but I couldn't imagine not having them either. My mom and my husband don't get along that well but they are at least civil for my sake and for the sake of the kids.

Unfortunately only God can change their hearts; if they are willing. I know you probably already know this too but it is their loss. And if they are willing to let the relationship with their grandchildren be washed away because they don't like somebody... then I wouldn't want my kids around somebody like them anyways because what would their actions teach my own children.

I hope that they have loving grandparents on your side because grandparents are such a special gift to children.

Carebear Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:12:00 AM  

Geez, that is AWFUL. Such a hard place to be in for all of you. But really, their loss. I cannot imagine shutting the door on my children no matter what choices they make someday as adults, can you? BTW, thanks for your recent feedback on my photos!