Friday, December 12, 2008

Joy

Okay, I'm trying to get a little bit more into the Christmas thing. Have felt a little Bah-Humbug lately. Having to pull Abbs out of preschool, having no job, etc is making things a little hard right now. But everyone is healthy, the kids are none the wiser as to how things are. So I'm putting on my happy face. Yesterday, I decorated the windows with markers (meant for the windows, I swear! LOL!) with a huge Christmas tree and a great big "HO HO HO!". Lat night I broke out the tripod and took some pics of a non-wiggly subject. Nothing big, but it put a little Joy back into my slump!



This one was taken with the only light in the room being the Christmas tree lights. Other than that, it was pitch black. :) I think I was at ISO 800, F22, 6 seconds. Something like that. Had to edit this one in layers so my tree was dark, but my reindeer (poor old dirty little guy) was bright. Wish my bokeh was bigger. But I'll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

gail Friday, December 12, 2008 3:29:00 PM  

Try opening your Ap. to as high as your lens will let you. Say 1.8. You might get the bokeh you are looking for.

Tonkamom Friday, December 12, 2008 3:37:00 PM  

I just looked at my settings and I was ISO 100, ap 1.8. UGH. I think I was just too close. This darn livingroom is freaking tiny!