Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Job and an UGH!

So I went on my interview this morning, and it went great! The branch manager and the lead teller both interviewed me (at the same time), and we all got along great. We sat and gabbed for almost 1 1/2 hours, and by the end of it, she said the job was mine! YAY! I even got the call from the HR director to "officially" offer me the position. Woohoo!
Okay, so it's part time. Hours will vary. Could be up to 39 hours at times, which is great. But could be less than that sometimes.

The ugh is that we have to now somehow come up with the $400+ dollars to pay in advance for Abby's daycare for the month of January since I won't get paid til later in the month. And there's that little fact that I've been out of work for about 8 years and I own no work clothes except for the 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants we got for me to wear on interviews. Oh, and the one pair of shoes I have that are work suitable. So dh is freaking out. He has me all stressed and pretty much sucked the joy out of the good news. This is just him. He's a worrier. But I'm not. I'm more "go with the flow." So when he gets stressed, I get bummed. And I hate that. I wanted today to be fun and stress free. And bless him for trying to be cheery... but he sure as hell wasn't. I'll be browsing the clearance racks for anything suitable to wear. I sure as heck don't want to be the girl who wears the same thing every week.

This was supposed to be my day to be ecstatic. Now all I can think about is how hard the next month or two is going to be til the paychecks are coming. And the fact that I really need clothes for this.

sigh.

3 comments:

SabrinaT Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:39:00 AM  

Not sure where you are stationed, but check your local second hand stores. I can't wait until we visit this summer, I will be living in Goodwill!

Anonymous Friday, December 19, 2008 8:48:00 PM  

What size are you?

Tonkamom Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:22:00 AM  

Haha, not gonna publish that on my blog! lol. I'll email it to you. ;) lol